Made in the same rubberised ballistic nylon canvas as our Swiss Mountain pack full-size rucksack from the preceding era (1970’s-80’s), this is an absolutely awesome, more modern-shaped tactical pack with some great features. Lightweight, a tough nylon webbing system for attachments and metal clasps and strap tensioners this pack can also be folded down to a very small size by removing the internal plastic supports which slide out but which when in place maintain it’s tall shape against the back.
Completely waterproof, the top closing with a waterproof collar and drawstring system, the shape is narrow and tall, a classic ‘alpine’ profile and would have been used of course by the Swiss army’s famous mountain troops on patrol duty in the high Alps. With an incredible heritage going back hundreds of years to the time when the ‘Swiss Guard’ were the elite troops of Europe, known for their discipline and range of technical capabilities including of course mountain warfare and climbing, today the Swiss Army still lead Mountain Warfare training for mountain leaders from NATO forces. Swiss army Alpine gear really does live up to it’s reputation and this more modern pack (compared to the Vintage Swiss Army packs we recondition in canvas and leather) is no exception. An innovative design built with utterly robust materials and build quality.
This is a rare pack now and we looked for a supply for almost a year before finally finding a number of packs in storage in Switzerland itself. Perfect as a larger day pack at 30-40Litres, or expandable to 50L with that ability to collapse right down and stored as an extra pack, and with it’s waterproof material and attachment points this is a great pack perfect for many different outdoor activities.
- Rugged waterproof construction
- Side profile view showing the curved, padded back panel, compression straps and attachment points
- Dependable, simple drawstring closure
- Curved and padded back panel is held in shape by 2 internal removable struts.
- Close-up- of the construction quality, stitching and materials
- Side compression straps – the quality of the Swiss army ‘plastic’ fittings is incredible, the best there is.
- tough construction, lightweight padded straps and a strong webbing grab-handle
- High quality side release buckles on the main flap; rubberised ballistic nylon canvas is completely watertight.
- The Swiss M91 patrol pack shown with a 70-year old WWII Swiss Army vintage pack
The pack can be seen here packed on the front rack of the famous Swiss Army Cycle Corp Troops speeding through the Alps – a very quick way to get around in rugged terrain…
On and Off road…
Hi Kevin, Thanks a lot for getting it out to me so quick…received them this morning.The Swiss M91 pack is a thing of beauty! Absolutely love it! Always loved my Munro in the paras, but I’d have loved to have owned that then. It will stay in my land rover as my bug out bag.